Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chocolate Wafers



I baked chocolate wafers today thinking that they would go great with my coffee ice-cream which is 'ripening' in the freezer. I came upon Smitten Kitchen's homemade chocolate wafers & icebox cupcakes and thought what a good idea to bake some of these and plus they look easy. Check out her blog and recipe which is adapted from Alice Medrich's Pure Dessert.

I used Hershey's special dark cocoa powder instead of the Valrhona cocoa powder which Smitten Kitchen did. Well, the main reason was i was too lazy to dig my pantry for my Valrhona cocoa powder which was lying around somewhere (Hershey's however was just on the shelf within reach..:P) and I wanted my wafers to look dark like Oreo cookies. Well, in the end, they do taste like Oreos..quite similar. lol!

Yummy! :9 Everybody ought to try this..it's so easy to do and hassle free. The only hassle is our hot weather here melts the cookie dough lightning fast, so each time i cut the cookie pieces, i have to put them in the fridge immediately....prior baking.

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template