Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pandan Coconut Macarons







Made a test batch of macarons today with local flavors, ie pandan & white chocolate coconut ganache. I added about 1 tsp of pandan paste but didn't add any coloring. I think should have added more coloring for a more vibrant color. And because it was just a test batch with small amount of batter, i piped out much smaller than what i usually do, i didn't watch the oven time and my first tray of macarons were slightly burnt on top...second tray was much better.

I added about 2-3 tbps of dessicated coconut to the basic white chocolate ganache...perhaps i should have used coconut milk to replace half of the heavy cream used to give that subtle hint of coconut flavor instead?

These macarons taste kind of like  those colored coconut candy that i use to eat when i was a little girl ..hahahaha..

I need to practice more on my piping skills though..


0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template