Sunday, May 8, 2011

Homemade Oreos

I have an addiction with oreos..lol!  I love oreos..esp. the mini ones.  They are very addictive.  

I came across Joanne Chang's homemade oreos recipe in her book FLOUR and had to try it since she said it is sooo good and even her mom approved of it, so i have to try it.  Well, i have to say i'm totally impressed that they are really yummy. The cookies are very chocolaty and goes extremely well with the buttercream. At first i was skeptical with the buttercream as it was just butter & icing sugar combo and i usually don't like this icing as it is too sweet. However, paired with the super chocolatey-shells, it is not as sweet and surprising quite good.  These cookies are not exactly original oreos but they do come quite close...probably better since it's homemade  with no addictives..etc?   





Happy Baking! 


8 comments:

evil cake lady on May 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM said...

Faithy, these look delicious! I love a good Oreo, or anything remotely like an Oreo, so I might have to buy the book. I've heard so many good things about it.

paddle attachment on May 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM said...

These look wonderful, and so much better than the store bought version!

SweetThingsTO on May 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM said...

ooooh - yummy!

Maja on May 15, 2011 at 8:50 AM said...

I have had my eye on these for quite a while. I can't wait to make them!!!

maameemoomoo - a ½ food blog on May 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM said...

Like Maja, this has been on my to-bake list for sometime. Yours look awesome!

So pretty!

Amelia on May 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM said...

yum yum, your oreo looks delicious.

cocoa and coconut on June 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM said...

I love oreos now and then too, with a glass of milk. It's great that you can mkae them yourself! Better than packet stuff!

Julia @Mélanger on June 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM said...

Oh my gosh, so lovely. I bet they didn't last very long? My husband is a fan of the Oreo but I never buy them. I may have to try this! I've been eyeing off that book for a while, but better wait until I'm earning money again before buying it. ;)

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template