Monday, December 22, 2014

TBB: Coffee Almond Crisp

Not sure if my cookies turned out right or not cos they looked a bit strange...  They tasted crips and full of coffee flavor but somehow they didn't turned out like what i thought they would. Mine end up being quite flat round!


My ground almonds... i toasted half of the ground almonds..just to add some color. lol!  

I made my dough in food processor and it felt a bit wet, so I had to turn on airconditioning. 


I used a mini cookie scoop to scoop the dough.. exactly 10g each.  So cool!



Then I indent the centre of the dough with my finger (knuckle?). But I really don't understand why I need to do that when the cookies turned out flat after baking?  Maybe i read something wrong here again?  Or maybe something went wrong with mine?! So strange! I was expecting a thumbprint cookie actually so I could dust the powder in the centre. 



 Here are the baked cookies.. some have holes in them.. BUT i really made sure that all the butter are incorporated and there are no butter pieces!  However, that said, i like the ones with holes better cos they are crunchier.. LOL!   The photo below looked upside down?  *shrugs*




Here are my cookies under daylight. 



Verdict:  Taste just like the name for these cookies!  Very yummy and addictive. But I am really not sure if I got them right or not? Some has holes but they taste crunchier & caramalized and I like them better with holes! When baking, my cookies puffed up and then down when I open the oven door and no chance for me to press on the cookies to see if ready. Also the coffee powder doesn't stick to the cookies. Maybe I over-baked them?   I have to wait for our fellow bakers to post their photos to see if I got mine all wrong.  :p  





11 comments:

Mendy on December 22, 2014 at 10:18 AM said...

ב''ה

Now I'm wanted to try the really thin ones. The wetness of the dough is what I'm thinking too.

Patricia @ ButterYum on December 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM said...

Yep, mine look exactly the same. Love that you used a small scoop. I did too! I didn't read anything about a thumbprint in the recipe though... did I miss it?

Patricia @ butteryum.org

Faithy on December 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM said...

I think so too Mendy!
Hi Pat, I think i read wrongly! Maybe i always don't read recipe first before hand and just read on the day I'm baking and i was actually making 2 cookies at the same time, Ischler and this..so I could have read wrongly..

Jenn on December 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM said...

Faithy, mine has holes too. And the edges are rough. I'm confused whether they should have holes. But they taste good, so maybe that's all that matters?

Nicola on December 23, 2014 at 5:50 AM said...

Great that I am not the only one not reading the recipe correctly!

Luckily it isn't brain surgery!

Yours look good.

Michele at The Artful Oven on December 23, 2014 at 6:46 AM said...

Mine looked exactly like yours!! I was afraid to use my scoop, but I ended up getting off on several tangents anyway. See my tale at www.artfuloven.com. Great post, Faithy!

Unknown on December 23, 2014 at 10:37 AM said...

Have faith Faithy! You didn't get it all wrong, but the moral of the story is to always bake with your air-conditioner on! All is well that ends well, and your cookies look excellent.

Unknown on December 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM said...

It looks like your thinner, caramelized ones just baked a little longer, which would (I think) account for the flatter cookie and the deeper taste. They both look delicious!

inthekitchen on December 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM said...

I wonder if it has to do with the butter not being completely incorporated? My butter was quite soft. Or maybe the cookie didn't bake evenly. It's mysterious because it seems like everyone cookies came out slightly different! As long as they taste yummy, it's all good :)

Vicki on December 23, 2014 at 9:43 PM said...

Mine look like yours! Next time I'm not flattening mine at all to see what happens.

Unknown on December 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM said...

They look yummy. Great idea with the scoop.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template