Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Milk Bread


This week is catch up week from TBB. Since I have nothing to catch up,  I decided to make this fast & easy Milk Bread from WoksofLife.  Usually I'll bake the Hokkaido Milk Bread version using Tang Zhong method.  But this recipe intrigues me because it uses heavy cream as well as cake flour. So made me curious as to how it would taste.

This is a very fast and easy recipe.  Forgiving too since I forgot to add egg but the bread still turned out very well.  Very soft & milky. It's more milky than the Hokkaido Milk Bread.  So if you like your bread very milky in flavor, this is the bread for you.

I have to bake it once again tonight with missing ingredient (egg!!!)..and see the difference. :)





6 comments:

Unknown on February 10, 2015 at 11:31 PM said...

That bread looks really good. I've never heard of milk bread.

Rosa V. on February 11, 2015 at 12:14 AM said...

Faithy, your milk bread looks wonderful and it must be delicious, nice write up and the pictures are nice too

Michele at The Artful Oven on February 11, 2015 at 1:52 AM said...

I love bread, but have never heard of milk bread. It sure looks delicious! I hope you will stop by and see my catch-up pie! --Michele www.artfuloven.com

Angie's Recipes on February 12, 2015 at 3:30 AM said...

Ain't homemade bread the best?!!

inthekitchen on February 12, 2015 at 7:16 AM said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe for this bread - it looks absolutely amazing! I've been getting more into bread baking lately so this Milk Bread is going straight on my list of must-try.

Unknown on February 12, 2015 at 7:38 PM said...

It does look delicious. Looking at the recipe the bread looks more like an English style yeast bun. Yum!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template