Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ABC - Orange Chiffon Tweed Cake with Milk 'n' Honey Sabayon

ABC:  Baking for All Occassion by Flo Braker, Page 120
Orange Chiffon Tweed Cake with Milk 'n' Honey Sabayon

When i first saw the recipe for the first time, i had in mind that i didn't want to make the Milk 'n' Honey Sabayon since i have to use 6 yolks again and left with all the egg whites.. (i have TONS of eggwhites in the freezer..and i have no time to bake macarons to get rid of my whites..)..  However, after baking the orange chiffon tweed cake, i changed my mind and continued with the sabayon.  I have to say that i didn't regret making it cos it is absolutely delicious!!  

Making the chiffon wasn't difficult...but i was a bit shock at the 1 tbsp of baking powder, I thought i read wrongly in the beginning and had to look at it thrice to reconfirm that i didn't.  Well, the 1 tbsp of baking powder didn't change anything to the texture and the chiffon is light and soft but yet has a nice texture to it.  The orange and chocolate pairing is totally yummy..and it's my fave flavor combo. 


My orange chiffon turned upside down for cooling... somehow i like this photo..it's like a lamp..and an unusual one..lol!

For the sabayon, i didn't use liquor but instead added the orange juice with a tiny bit of triple sec and folded in 200ml (the entire tub) of pure cream instead of 120ml cos i didn't want left over pure cream..but it tasted great anyway..i think it tasted slightly more creamy which i like..lol! 


VERDICT: Totally delicious yummy chiffon with sabayon sauce. The perfect combination i have to say!! Do not skip the sabayon..it's light and so yummy!   


10 comments:

Hanaâ on October 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM said...

Beautiful Faithy. I love your lamp, haha. I'm glad that your first ABC recipe was a big success. We loved it too. It was hard not to. The orange flavor was amazing. Not dull at all!

Monica on October 5, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

Oh man so much for talking my way out of making hte Sabayon! Guess tomorrow I will be whipping up some! The cake is cooking right now... Totally looking like a lamp too.. LOL

Vicki on October 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM said...

Looks and sounds delicious! I'll tackle it tomorrow. Hope my cake looks as good upside down.

Shandy on October 5, 2010 at 11:12 PM said...

You loved the cake! Relief. I kind of figured it was just me fighting the whole thing =).

Your cake looks absolutely delicious and your photos are fun and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried pairing chiffon with sabayon before. They sound like a winning combo.Yummm

Karen Baking Soda on October 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM said...

A lamp! That's what I thought! Love these kind of lamps!

The flavour of this cake is amazing, not dry at all! Such a nice cake you made!

Unknown on October 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

That sounds really unusual, I think I would have been tempted by the title alone. Pity you can't ship your whites over to me, I always forget to use up my yolks whenever I do macs!!

Jamie on October 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

Gorgeous chiffon cake! I love chiffon and sponge cakes and chocolate orange is perfect and that sabayon is wonderful! I need to try that!

ann low on October 8, 2010 at 11:39 PM said...

hahaa...really looks like a lamp. I think you can frame the picture, really cute!

Angie's Recipes on October 8, 2010 at 11:46 PM said...

I like your "lamp" too :-) Perfect texture...soft, smooth and spongy!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template