Friday, January 28, 2011

Star Wars Cake, Cupcakes & Cookies

These are what i have been so busy with. My friend Angela (Sweet-Tooth-Fairy) asked me to take on her client in her absence and she "pushed" me to accept it...knowing that i need to stop watching too much TV and get some work done. LOL!   

R2-D2 CAKE

Front View of R2D2 Cake

Side View of R2D2 Cake


R2-D2 & R2-M5 CUPCAKES

mini R2-D2 & R2-M5

mini R2-D2 & R2-M5
These are my diy cupcake wrappers in case you all are wondering..:) 
I downloaded a file on papercraft from a Japanese website and edited them in photoshop and adjusted to the size that i wanted for my cupcakes.  


STAR WARS  CHARACTER COOKIES

Star Wars character cookies. 
These cookies are harder to ice than i thought! I had a hard time trying to ice them esp. Boba Fett..took me a really long time that i almost tear my hair out..lol!

Many thanks to Angie (another friend name Angela..lol!) who carried the cutters all the way back from US. 

Misc Star Wars logo cookies
Just playing around with some designs with my extra cookie dough
These are totally inspired by Angela of Sweet Tooth Fairy and Callye of Sweet Sugar Belle. 

Cookies packed.  I did the labels on my own. :D 


Now i'm taking a break from baking...and a break from Star Wars...

Even though i didn't join HCB this week for the Genoise Tres Cafe, i did bake part of the cake and cupcakes from HCB recipes.  For cupcakes, i had to experiment & weigh the batter to the exact grams a bit to get a dome..and realised that flour (cake or all purpose) makes a difference to the texture and the density of the cake and the shape as well!

The only thing that didn't work from Rose's recipe was the pastillage taken from Cake Bible.   Not sure why but i made it twice and it was too wet, and i add lots of icing sugar before it even become a dough and it became crumbly later so i had to discard. 




29 comments:

Unknown on January 28, 2011 at 8:02 AM said...

WOW~~

I'm so glad you were "pushed" to make these, as they turned out absolutely mind blowing.
Everything you did is really top notch.
You should be so proud of you have achieved here.

Monica on January 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM said...

Oh yeah.. WOW is just not good enough for this... Faithy... its spectacular.. ALL OF IT...

Girl give yourself a standing ovation!

NancyB on January 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM said...

That is one really amazing cake!

Cake Believe on January 28, 2011 at 9:12 AM said...

No words.....I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor!!! This is all AMAZING!!!

Jeniffer Paxton on January 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM said...

Sensational!!! Good grief, how amazing is this! Cake is just brilliant & the R2DS cupcake wrappers inspired!!

Pink Little Cake on January 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM said...

Awesome cake,cupcakes and cookies.YOur work is so clean, the cupcakes are my favorites, I know how much time takes to make all those details

Jenn on January 28, 2011 at 10:39 AM said...

^o^ ^o^...
that's my mouth gaping open. Faithy, they looked absolutely fantastic! So perfect and so real! They don't even look like cake - looks like the real thing in the movie. You have outdone yourself!

evil cake lady on January 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM said...

Faithy, these are amazing!! Your R2-D2 cake is so detailed!! I am a Star Wars geek too and I just love how perfect everything is! What a wonderful accomplishment; well done!

Cake Fixation on January 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM said...

Amazing job Faithy! Seriously!

Marj Jenkins on January 28, 2011 at 6:59 PM said...

Faithy, everything you made is spectacular! I am in awe of your talent and amazed that you did all of that for one party.
Marj

giovanna on January 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM said...

OMG!!!! amazing job! you are the best!

Vicki on January 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM said...

Faithy, you surpassed yourself once again! These are simple incredible!

cocoa and coconut on January 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM said...

Amazing! The details are incredible. You must have been so busy.

faithy on January 29, 2011 at 3:49 PM said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments! :) You guys know how to make my day! xoxo

Vicki, i know i still owe you the photo tutorial on how to carve pineapple..lol! I haven't had a chance to buy the pineapples yet..i thought i'll do it when i was going to make pineapple jam for CNY, so maybe these few days i hope. :D Sorry to keep you waiting!

Unknown on January 29, 2011 at 11:36 PM said...

Wow AMAZING. You have been busy!

Whimsy Cookie Co. on January 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM said...

Hi Faithy!! Oh my!!! Wow!! Absolutely wonderful work!! Your work is always consistent and the detail amazes me!!! Hugs my friend!

SQL Server 2008 on January 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM said...

This so clever. I love it.
You're really creative.

Amanda on January 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM said...

Absolutely stunning. Perfection!!

Mendy on January 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM said...

ב''ה

Amazing!

Ying on January 31, 2011 at 4:14 PM said...

Love love love!!!! Sitting at twg with mum, uncle Frankie and your hubby :)

Maameemoomoo on January 31, 2011 at 10:12 PM said...

Oh my gawd!

It is so real thAt I could easily mistaken the cake as toy!!

And those cuppies.. Amazing!!

Unknown on January 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM said...

Amazing Faithy! Such great work!!

ROSEY on February 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM said...

Lovely! They are amazing !!

culinary schoolg guide on February 4, 2011 at 8:38 AM said...

this is perhaps one of the most remarkable things that I have seen in a while. RJD2 is the ultimate robot cake, no question.

SweetThingsTO on February 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM said...

Just amazing! Every single creation - you amaze me!

Barbara Bakes on February 12, 2011 at 6:42 AM said...

I am always amazed when I stop by to see your fantastic posts, but this is over the top fabulous! You must have blown everyone away with these!

Coco Cake Land on February 13, 2011 at 5:05 AM said...

MIND BLOWN as usual... holy smokes faithy!!! you should star in your own cake show!

Sarah, Maison Cupcake on February 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM said...

These are brilliant, my husband is a huge Star Wars fan and I know he'd want me to make them too if I showed him!

PAM on March 21, 2011 at 12:32 PM said...

Unbelievable!! I am so impressed. So professional. I'm at a loss for words.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template