Monday, November 23, 2015

TBB: Spritz Butter Cookies



I made these cookies early since I had left over glace cherries after I soaked the fruits to make Rose's fruitcake from HC. So many bottles..so you get the idea this is really my favorite fruitcake. :) 


These spritz cookies fairly easy..so just the usual creaming method..


Then I piped..and put half glace cherries on top.


And bake for 12mins.  



I really like how it is not as sweet and the sweetness comes from the glaced cherries. 

Not sure if I am imagining it or what, but these cookies creamed with granulated/caster sugar, somehow traps moisture.. my cookies turned soft even in air-tight container. I was expecting "Viennese Cookies or Danish Butter Cookies type of cookies - dry but yet still melt in mouth texture"...  But these spritz cookies tasted more like "soft rolled sugar cookies".. still taste good though, just not what I imagined it to be.  So I was thinking perhaps these cookies if made with icing sugar would be better?   

Anyway, I just have to remind myself when I eat the cookies that these are spritz butter cookies and not Vaniljekranse Danish butter cookies so I shouldn't expect them to be the same...  :)

Danish Cookie Recipe 





5 comments:

Vicki on November 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM said...

So pretty! You made really even piped circles. There's a scientific name for the attraction sugar has for water that I can't remember but here's the gist of it: The bond between sugar and water allows sugar to lock in moisture so that items such as cakes, muffins, brownies, and frostings don’t dry out too quickly. Learned about it in the online baking class.

Vicki on November 23, 2015 at 12:17 PM said...

Hygroscopic, that's it! Also I forgot to say that is a cute video. Can't believe how fast the baker pipes out the cookies.

Unknown on November 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM said...

It would be fun to bake both kinds of butter cookies and compare. It always amazes me how many different kinds of cookies you can get with the same basic ingredients.
Yours looks so pretty, but then, they always do.

Angie's Recipes on November 25, 2015 at 2:52 AM said...

These piped butter cookies look perfect, Faithy.

Jenn on November 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM said...

Faithful, how many fruitcake are you making? Your cookies look pretty.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template