Monday, October 17, 2016

TBB: The Araxi Lemon Cream Tart (p235)


I baked this tart together with the Marble Cheesecake. I made the tart crust earlier and kept in the freezer for a while..and forgotten about it until I was clearing my freezer.

So I took it out from freezer and baked it till golden brown as instructed.



Then I made the lemon cream.... .I didn't have time to wait for the 30min rest time, so I strained the  custard instead..I strained it twice hoping it will be ok... had some bubbles and I tried to remove with spoon.. 


After baked... I poured the custard too full. The baking sheet below warped in the oven..and the custard leaked over the sides.


My share of the cheesecake and the lemon tart




This is the BEST lemon tart I have ever tasted!  I always thought lemon tart is too sour for me.. but this cream tart, I love!  Now I feel like making it again.. soo good! I had great feedback on this! Everyone who tried it loves it...! 



3 comments:

Angie's Recipes on October 17, 2016 at 11:58 AM said...

I am too a fan of tangy sweet lemon dessert. Both cakes look gorgeous, Faithy.

Vicki on October 18, 2016 at 12:06 AM said...

Your tart crust came out the perfect golden color. Both desserts look great. Now I'm excited to make the tart.

Rose Levy Beranbaum on November 7, 2016 at 2:18 AM said...

i forgot how much i love this tart--it is my top fav lemon tart as well! i must make it again and soon! i hope your oven survived! next time better to put it on a sheet pan with sides just in case but i'm sure you know that on your own--you are an inspired baker!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template