Monday, August 17, 2015

TBB: Perfect Peach Galette




I used frozen peach because there wasn't any peaches yet in stock.  I used 2 packets and they weigh 590g. I wished I had used 3 packets instead. Note to self: Next time used more peaches..the more the merrier..lol!  


Drained the juices. 


Microwaved the syrup juice for 6-7 mins.


Oh no..all hardened like candy.. Rose said not to worry..but I am still bothered by it. So I cut the caramel into tiny pieces..lol!  


Peaches look a lot but after baked..they shrink!  
I rolled the dough to 16" on the same baking paper that I am going to bake with. Easier for me imo...cos I rolled it the night before to 14" and then back in the fridge. The next day just before baking, I rolled it to 16" and then assembled and baked.   


Then wrapped it up like a big dumpling. 
I realised that there's a lot of pastry..and at this point I knew I wanted to have more peaches. But the pastry too thin and too soft to move it. 



I had extra pastry from the mulblueberry pie I made so I cut them up into hearts and put them all over.  Sprinkled 1 tsp of sugar all over too.


All baked. 


I managed to get a slice of photo before I left the house. 
That plate is a free plate - can't remember from where. I think Namiko Chan must be the designer.
And if you are wondering, I like to snack on popcorns..those are lightly salted popcorns :)  


There, another photo of the slice pie with the mulblueberry pie. 


Very yummy pie and pairs perfectly well with ice-cream. However, like I said I wished it had more peaches, at least 2x more imo.  Will definitely make this pie again. 





7 comments:

Angie's Recipes on August 17, 2015 at 10:26 AM said...

That crust looks totally irresistible! I shall bake one before our peach season is over. Thanks for sharing, Faithy.

Hanaâ on August 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM said...

Your pie looks great!! I love the little Pastry hearts on top!!

Unknown on August 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM said...

The frozen peaches look fine. They seem like a good option but they're not in supermarkets here. Your pie looks delish - more pastry is my preference!

Alpha Baker Joan on August 17, 2015 at 12:12 PM said...

The galette looks delish.

Unknown on August 17, 2015 at 1:41 PM said...

Love hearts are so sweet :) your galette looks lovely. I would like more fruit too… at least I think I would, the peach mixture tasted so nice. Ha ha your popcorn backdrop made me smile :) ----- Jeniffer

Vicki on August 17, 2015 at 9:41 PM said...

Good idea to increase the peaches to crust ratio! Your galette looks so cute with the hearts.

Unknown on August 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM said...

I'm glad that it worked so well with frozen peaches--now I can bake it all year long.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template