Monday, September 7, 2015

TBB: Luscious Apple Pie


This time, I didn't follow the recipe as I should to make a flaky pie crust and as a result my crust wasn't flaky.  The weather was so hot plus I got a bit bored of making and eating pies! When I saw this on schedule, I was like 'Oh no.. not pie again!" So I just mix in the cream cheese and butter into the flour etc and when they got into dough, I asked my helper to just shape into round and place in the fridge for me. I'm not sure how long she took to shape into round, because when I rolled it, I can't find anymore butter or cream cheese pieces I last saw in the dough.. Maybe the hot weather melted both quickly.  


Straining apple juices


microwave juices into caramel 


cider looking like aspic after cooled


mixed altogether, caramel & cider

''

into the pie..  


Baked. 



The pie crust was a bit too thick. I didn't want to waste any crust so I just quickly rolled it to to fit the top of the crust and and seems like it is still doughy inside after 50 mins in the oven.  I should have let it stayed in the oven for 1hr instead.  The apple slices wasn't mushy and was still a bit crunchy in fact.  So I think I should have cooked it longer.

Overall, it is a great pie.. if I had done all the steps right, it would have been awesome apple pie. I like the flavor and esp. the cinnamon flavor - I opted the max cinnamon flavor in the pie. :) 

But like I said, I was kind of pie-out to begin with.  Now after 4 days, this pie is still sitting in my fridge and nobody is eating it except my helper.  See that 3/4 left over.. she managed to eat another 2/3 by herself and I think I would have to throw away the rest soon!  Good thing to have someone who can eat and not gain weight in the family. 








7 comments:

Vicki on September 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM said...

You make the most beautiful pies!

evil cake lady on September 7, 2015 at 1:04 PM said...

Vicki is right, your pie is so beautiful! Pies aren't my favorite either; luckily my husband loves pie!

Angie's Recipes on September 7, 2015 at 4:37 PM said...

Your apple pie looks splendid, Faithy.

Unknown on September 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM said...

It is a lovely looking pie. Shame that no one was too keen except your helper. Lucky she has a sweet tooth!

Rachel on September 9, 2015 at 8:40 AM said...

Yes, it's adorable. Love the hearts.

Milagritos on September 9, 2015 at 7:38 PM said...

Hey Faithy, at least your pie looks wonderful! It's great to have someone in the house to eat your sweets, that way you get to cook and not have to throw anything out.

Unknown on September 14, 2015 at 8:29 PM said...

I just love how you take the time to decorate your pies. It is so pretty. You know, there are some people who enjoy when their apples don't go mushy on them. You know like apple sauce. I was a great pie all around.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template