Monday, November 14, 2016

TBB: Chocolate Sweetheart Madeleines (P391)

This is a quick and easy recipe. Very easy to put together.  I didn't have mini madeleine pans so I used the normal size ones.  




I tried to weigh the batter into each cavity, but I realised that 16g is too little, so I increased and filled it to 3/4 full so I ended up with exactly 20 pieces.


Just out from oven! 
However, I'm a bit disappointed that they are 'humpless' which is the characteristic of madeleines.


Removed from pan and cooling... 


I dusted with some icing sugar and sandwich 2 madeleines with ganache instead of glazing it. 



The Chocolate Madeleines tasted like chocolate cake than madeleines...and no characteristic hump! 

In fact, it tasted more like whoopie pies and that is why I sandwich 2 madeleines with ganache.

It's a wonderful and easy recipe and the chocolate cake is moist and soft.  But to call it madeleines, I'm not sure about that... 

That said, I would still make it again anytime since they are easy to make, delicious and easy to eat too in bite size.   






4 comments:

Vicki on November 14, 2016 at 12:03 PM said...

That's a great idea to sandwich them together!

Angie's Recipes on November 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM said...

Hump or not, they look very delicious, esp. sandwiched with chocolate!

evil cake lady on November 15, 2016 at 7:26 AM said...

Sandwiching two madeleines with ganache would be amazing! I've never had a real madeleine so I can't compare but I agree these are nice little cakes.

Gingi on November 18, 2016 at 7:30 AM said...

Ohhhhh, my goodness those look so good!!!!! I want one like.. right now!!!!! <3 <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template