Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Lemon Cheesecakes

Rose's Heavenly Cake, Page 327: Baby Lemon Cheesecakes

Recently, i've been sick...from stomach flu, to cold, to a very bad headache on Sunday. Finally managed to find time today after work to bake these.  Since I had little time to bake these, instead of baking the sponge cake, i made gingerbread cookie crust (recipe page 252).  I baked them in non-stick paper souffle cups, so i'll have less to wash up after..lol!   Paper cups cannot be submerged into water, so i place a huge tray of water below the baby cheesecakes - my logic is that the water below will create steam similar to that of waterbath.  

I baked at 170c for 20mins..but judging from the tray below, i think should be just 15mins cos the right side cheesecake is over baked.. a bit sink at the centre but the ones on the left side is smooth and nicer..(uneven heat in my oven..)


Once the cheesecake cooled, the sides will move away from the paper and there's no problem removing the cheesecake after cutting away the paper.  


Oh, and i forgot, i didn't make any lemon curd.  Instead i used the orange curd (recipe on page 180). 
I made extra batches of orange curd a while back and kept it in the freezer.  



VERDICT: It's sooo yummy! The chewy cookie base and the soft cheesecake and the sweet orange curd blends in really well.  Not sure if it would taste better with lemon curd, but i have to say that i love the orange curd flavor paired with this.  My family loves it! :D  Definitely a keeper!


18 comments:

ann low on May 17, 2010 at 11:38 PM said...

Can tell by the look of this beautiful lemon cheesecakes. I want to try this one day.
Take care ;)

Cake Fixation on May 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM said...

They look delicious!

Rozanne on May 18, 2010 at 12:38 AM said...

Cool idea to use the paper cups. Glad you are feeling better now :)

Vicki on May 18, 2010 at 3:27 AM said...

I love gingerbread cookie crust with cheesecake! What a good idea with this lemon version. Hope you get completely well soon. No fun at all being sick.

Juliana on May 18, 2010 at 5:48 AM said...

Oh! These little cheesecakes look so cute...I know I'll like them since like everything with lemon...

NancyB on May 18, 2010 at 9:08 AM said...

I was wondering how a cookie base would do, and the gingerbread one sounds really good. And with orange curd, yum!

Holly on May 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM said...

These little cheese cakes look delish!:)

Alpha Baker Joan on May 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM said...

These look great. Love your use of orange with the gingerbread crust!

youfei on May 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM said...

WOW! Looks simple and yummy! And you can finish ONE portion without feeling guilty. hehehehe

Unknown on May 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM said...

Sorry you've been ill...!

These look fantastic, I've always meant to make cheese cakes and I think lemon would be my flavour of choice too and all the better for being dainty miniature ones. I can eat two then.

SweetThingsTO on May 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

They look amazing! I hope you are feeling better - I know those baby cheesecakes would make me feel great!

Pei-Lin on May 18, 2010 at 10:36 PM said...

Oh, wow! The idea of petite cheesecakes sounds good! I always love traditional cheesecake for its sweet and tangy flavor, creamy and not-quite-dense texture! Thanks for making me drool right before bedtime! Hahaha!

FOODESSA on May 19, 2010 at 5:11 AM said...

I had a chance to try a very similar recipe. At the time I did not have much else other than Multigrain flake cereal and some limes. I decided to go for it...they turned out absolutely scrumptious.
Your Gingerbread cookies are a great idea. May make an even bigger cheescake with them ;o)
I have Rose's book on my wish list...I think she's a wonderful baker.
This was a nice visit. Looking forward to more of your posts.
Flavourful wishes, Claudia

faithy on May 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

Thank you ladies! :D

Unknown on May 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM said...

These look gorgeous. I just found this post, how did you know I love lemon. I have to try these, they sound super yummy. thank you for sharing.

FOODESSA on May 24, 2010 at 5:15 AM said...

How creatively adorable. I have to pass this along to my sister-in-law. She'll go nuts!
Thanks for sharing, Claudia

Simonne on May 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

Mind to share the cheesecake recipe pls pls
Thanks
simonneho@yahoo.com

faithy on May 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM said...

Hi Simonne, we are not allowed to post recipes from Rose's book. Plus her recipes are usually very long and it's impossible to type them all. So my advise would be to buy the book. HTH! :)

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template