Saturday, June 26, 2010

Earl Grey Tea Bread


Ok, i'm in a baking mood..that's why i've been churning out all sorts of baked stuff just these 2 days! LOL!  And in case you're wondering, i've already done my HCB's homework ...to be posted later...:D  

So today, i baked Chef Alex Goh's Earl Grey Tea Bread. I didn't expect it to be this yummy esp. with the buttercream on it. I am loving his Magic Bread book using gelatinized dough method - giving a chewy and yet soft texture and being also able to have 2 days of shelf life. Some methods, the next day, the bread turn either stale or hard.  For this method, even the next day, it's still soft and chewy.  

Just add 5g of earl grey tea powder to Chef Goh's basic sweet dough recipe under ingredient A section and you'll get earl grey tea bread.

PS: After staring at this photo for long, i noticed that this bread looks like potato....like potato with sour-cream topping!? lol!

8 comments:

Vicki on June 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM said...

Pretty tasty sounding "potato"!
Can you bottle and send me some of your baking mood? The summer heat has finally arrived here.

Lois B on June 27, 2010 at 2:18 AM said...

Faithy, this looks wonderful! I'm glad you're having fun in the kitchen.

Holly on June 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM said...

this bread looks soo good!!

ann low on June 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM said...

This bread looks so good and I can have this anytime of the day.

Pei-Lin on June 28, 2010 at 2:15 AM said...

Faithy, you have already posted about the bread here! Argh! I'm slow ... T_T

Actually, they do look like potatoes ... with sour cream piped atop! Haha!

I've been trying to find Earl Grey powder. No luck in KL. You have that in SG? Phoon Huat?

Unknown on June 28, 2010 at 7:25 AM said...

now that is one delicious "potato" as you say.
I love experimenting with different teas.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the kitchen adventures.
xo

Sarah, Maison Cupcake on June 29, 2010 at 3:42 AM said...

It does look like jacket potato, I was just about to say the same myself but no less appetising for it. Tea bread sounds very interesting, I would like to try that.

Edith on July 7, 2010 at 7:57 AM said...

I was staring at this book for two weeks, but never motivated enough to attempt. Your "potato" motivates.

Thanks.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template