Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wedding Favor Cookies

Just got back from my hols on Friday and had to rush through my friend's order for wedding favor cookies, so i didn't have much time to comment on blogs or to catch up quite as quickly. I surprise myself sometimes - I managed to bake 120+ cookies on Saturday and then ice them all the very next day.  Oh..as usual, my husband is always at my back nagging as to what time i'm finishing and it's late etc, so i had to ignore him after a while...

My friend's wedding theme is pink, so all the cookies have to be in pink.   Cookies were made in 4 different flavors..and i used different recipe for each flavor (I like to try new recipes...i get bored easily...so i don't always stick to a particular recipe).  They all turned out quite yummy and sweet. :)

Wedding Favors: 喜喜 Heart Cookies


Wedding Favors: Lace Heart Cookies

Wedding Favors: Mini 'Love' Heart Cookies

Mini Cupcake Cookies

Snowflake Cookies

Candy Wrapper Cookies

The candy wrappers cookies imo weren't very well piped as i was rushing through and felt that my piping wasn't as delicate as i would like..plus my arm and hand were tired after icing 120+ cookies.   As you can see, i did the heart shaped cookies first and the rest later..  My friend's wedding is on Christmas Eve, so i added the snowflakes there so she can put on her dessert table.   

So here ends the part 1 of the wedding cookies...i'm working on part 2 tonight....hopefully I get them out on time as per my schedule..



10 comments:

Unknown on December 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

Totally gorgeous collection of Cookies.

Swee San on December 22, 2010 at 11:42 AM said...

your work is very delicate!! I can't pipe such fine lace works when I'm rushing. I remember doing a wedding cake loaded with lace borders and other royal icing works, it almost killed me! haha

Well Good job :) and Merry Christmas :)

cocoa and coconut on December 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM said...

What great attention to detail. I love all of your cookies and wish I could do the same!

Jenn on December 22, 2010 at 10:29 PM said...

Faithy, amazing work! I love the 1st one with the chinese writing and the heart on the side. Your writing is so good. I can't imagine how you can pipe chinese character on a cookie! I think the candy wrappper one looks great, very nice detail (you're too hard on yourself).

I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd batch :)

Anonymous said...

I think they are all outstanding! You are amazing! Jeannette.

Vicki on December 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM said...

Faithy! You are just too amazing! These are exquisite.

maameemoomoo on December 25, 2010 at 2:43 AM said...

So gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna try my hands on royal icing for the very first time next week. Wish me luck!

Jamie on December 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM said...

I have to say that these are absolutely the most gorgeous cookies I have ever seen and each one is perfect! What fabulous cookies for a wedding, lucky friend! You are one amazing talent! Any plans for a how-to decorating book? I'd buy it!

faithy on December 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM said...

Thank you blogger pals! :D

Anita on January 8, 2011 at 1:07 AM said...

Argh! Yet another blog and another incredibly gifted baker and decorator I'm compelled to follow. Just found you via your comment over at Pam's blog and have to say these heart cookies, particularly the ones shown in the top photo are in.cred.i.ble. Beautiful work and thanks so much for posting your creations so those of us just starting with cookie decorating can learn and be inspired!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template