Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wedding Macarons

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my earlier post re the wedding cookies i made for my friend.  All of you are always so encouraging and kind with your words.  Thanks! :D   Without further ado, here's the second installment of the wedding cookies..this time round in the form of macarons.  Macarons are also cookies correct?  Not so sure..but i think so.  As my friend's wedding theme is pink, so pink and white macarons (white looking more like champagne color actually) it is.. I hunted for THE cute ribbon for the longest time and managed to find the one that i like but it's sooo expensive...what to do, i needed to have that ribbon to complete the entire look for the macaron-lollipops, so not much of a choice. 


Tying the ribbons was hard work..believe me..trying to get those little dots facing the correct way was a pain..i actually took 1 hour just to bag and tie 35 of them!  Thankfully only 35 of them in lollipops..the balance 100+ are just normal macarons...*phew*..



I set these up for my amateurish photoshoot..hahaha.  I can't decide if i like the dark background better or the white one. So i posted both here. As you can see, my Macdonald's coke glasses are in action again. Sorry folks, i really don't have any vase or nice flower pots or proper glasses at all.. i only have these free coke glasses..and i have a LOT..yup..i spend every weekend at Macdonalds because that is my son's favorite place.  



In case you all wondering, i baked the shells before i left for my hols to Japan.  I must say macaron freezes very well.  Thus, I just spend the whole of last night after work filling them.  Otherwise, i don't think i can do all 140+ macarons in just a night...and find time to take photos.. :D 

I'm pretty pleased with how my macarons turned out..so sweet and pretty in pink and white.  :D   The pink ones are strawberry macarons filled with strawberry jelly and buttercream. The white ones are rum and raisin macarons filled with "rum-mish" raisin jam and rum buttercream.  Both flavors are the Bride's favorite! :D 

Merry Christmas everyone! :D




19 comments:

giovanna on December 23, 2010 at 5:37 PM said...

they look awesome! love them!

enq said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I echo my previous comment! Jeannette.

Vicki on December 24, 2010 at 12:35 AM said...

They are gorgeous!!!

Pei-Lin on December 24, 2010 at 12:37 AM said...

Faithy! You get my respect once again ... I love your first installment of the wedding favors, too! VERY impressive I must say!

Yes, ain't fun to complete everything in one shot. That'd be too ambitious.

Merry X'mas!

Unknown on December 24, 2010 at 12:46 AM said...

I love the colors and they look perfect, what a great job you did. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hanaâ on December 24, 2010 at 2:28 AM said...

These macarons are awesome and so are those wedding favor cookies! Wow, that's a lot of piping. I think I like the candy wrappers best because they're so whimsical. Great job!!

Jenn on December 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM said...

Faithy, you are amazing! I like the wrapped ones because they are unique. Your choice of ribbon is perfect, very cute. They all look beautiful and I love both pictures (the black background is nice, but the up-close white background ones looks great as well).

Unknown on December 24, 2010 at 11:11 AM said...

Totally gorgeous!
Merry Merry Christmas!

Katya on December 24, 2010 at 10:23 PM said...

those are beautiful! what recipe did you use for the shells?

maameemoomoo on December 25, 2010 at 2:41 AM said...

I like the black background better. Brings out the colour best!

Merry Xmas faithy!

Jamie on December 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM said...

These are simply gorgeous and I would have loved to have these at my wedding! Beautiful and really beautifully presented! Perfect!

Mendy on December 27, 2010 at 8:43 AM said...

ב''ה

What a great idea!

Maybe I should do this for my brother's wedding.

Love the lollipops! :)

Patricia @ ButterYum on December 27, 2010 at 11:03 AM said...

Hi Faithy - your cookies (yes, cookies) look so good. I think your coke glasses are charming :). And my vote is for the dark background, definitely dark - it really makes the colors of your macarons pop.

:)
ButterYum

faithy on December 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

Thank you all my dear friends!
Katya, i used Pierre Herme's recipe which can be found on Veron's website or David Lebovitz website. :D HTH!

Priscilla on December 30, 2010 at 12:01 AM said...

Hi,Thank you for your lovely comments on my cake! Your cake is fantastic.. I have seen this cake design in Debbie Browns book, she does some great books. Yours is identical! Happy New Year!

Priscilla x

Sarah, Maison Cupcake on January 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM said...

Just catching up with these, they look absolutely splendid, I hope you are very proud of them. I think we can ditch that moniker "amateur" once and for all now!!

Happy New Year xxx

Seattle Real Estate on January 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM said...

This looks delicious. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

These look absolutely wonderful! I love the colours and the sheen you got on them!!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template