Monday, March 28, 2016

TBB: The Chocolate FloRo Elegance (p52)


My son was in bad mood because I couldn't find his toy. And when we found it in my handbag, he got more upset and cried for quite a long time, standing next to me making sure I see every drop of his tears. He refused to let my husband wipe off his tears.   I tried to distract him by asking him to bake with me...  His motor skills is not very good so I had to guide him along closely. 



You can see my son wanted to pour the whole cup of flour immediately. I had to stop him and teach him 'slowly'.. 


I asked him to pour the coffee mixture slowly, but he poured all in one go. lol!  


I made caramel after he calmed down. I didn't want him near the fire or hot caramel.


I ran out of time, and feeling vex, I decided to make caramel whipped cream.
Kept the cadbury white chocolate back into the cupboard...



I layered cake into 4 slices. Cos I baked in 8" pan instead of 9".


Finally done and place in fridge for 5 mins as insurance to set the whipped cream before my husband carry it off for gathering.


My husband waiting impatiently while I take a quick snap.


After he left for the gathering, I ate my dinner. 


Feedback:  Everyone said it was very good and delicious cake.  
I only ate the cake scrap.. very yummy. And the caramel whipped cream is very good, except maybe i over-whipped a little. 



5 comments:

Vicki on March 30, 2016 at 10:03 PM said...

It looks like something in a bakery! Good idea to cut the layers to make a four layer cake with the filling. Even for a nine inch pan it would be a good idea to make the frosting to cake ratio better. Still not fair you didn't get at least a tiny slice!
My kids always referred to my purse as the "black hole" because whenever something went missing, it was invariably in my purse and I never remembered putting it there.

Angie's Recipes on March 30, 2016 at 11:37 PM said...

That looks bakery perfect, Faithy.

Unknown on March 31, 2016 at 4:14 AM said...

So sad you didn't get to taste this cake--it was so good and yours looks just right!

Unknown on April 3, 2016 at 11:08 AM said...

Your cake is so tall! The caramel cream looks delicious. In the end I didn't even make the caramel but the plain whipped cream was nice and light with the fudgy cake. This is definitely a make again cake.

Unknown on April 7, 2016 at 9:29 PM said...

You're a very talented baker. I didn't make the cake, but I wish I had a piece of yours. I could really see your son at your side trying to get you to see each tear. Fun to read.

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template