Monday, March 14, 2016

TBB: The Dutch Pecan Sandies




Weather has been extremely hot lately, so when I read I had to roll the cookies, I did not feel like making them.  Plus I still have half a container of Mini Gateaux Breton baked 2 weeks ago (or was it 3 weeks ago?) that everyone got tired of eating it, including me.   However, when Marie suggested that I could bake it like refrigerated log cookies, I thought it was such a great idea and so much less hassle, so I changed my mind.  Making the clarified butter didn't deter me because I have a few tubs of these in the freezer...waiting for recipes like this.  I like to clarify a few blocks of butter at one go and then freeze them. But I didn't keep the milk solids though..I just threw them away.. argghhh.. I should have kept them!


The dough was easy to put together..but you need to press it hard to stay together.  

I added required cinnamon with the flour and when it came to the cinnamon for coating/topping, in my blur state, I add it into the sugar for the dough again! Nevermind I thought, probably just end up more cinnamony. 


Cut and dip in sugar and bake...


Fresh out of the oven - my whole kitchen smell delicious! 


Paired with morning coffee. 


These are very good cookies.  Just right amount of sweetness and spice (maybe a bit more in my case but is ok with me).  And now I know why these cookies are called Sandies, because the texture is very sandy...well, in a good way. :)  



6 comments:

Vicki on March 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM said...

Ohhhh your latte is beautiful! Great way to bake these cookies, makes them quick and easy.

Angie's Recipes on March 17, 2016 at 5:44 PM said...

They look scrumptious! You made great coffee :-))

Unknown on March 17, 2016 at 7:54 PM said...

Did you make the coffee too? I agree that these cookies had the right amount of sweetness. Happy that you loved them and made up for not feeling like baking.

evil cake lady on March 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM said...

Your latte art is stunning! I did like these as log cookies, so much quicker.

Rachel on March 19, 2016 at 7:34 AM said...

Making them into logs is a great idea, and I loved the cookies, but they were So Much Work!

Unknown on March 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM said...

I was glad you worked out that you could roll them into logs. I made a few into stars but I didn't have time or energy to make them all before posting. So after that I just cut pieces off the block of dough and baked them! They were fine although not very shapely. :)

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template