Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Bottom Cupcakes


These cupcakes are seriously good! I didn't expect it to be this delicious.. While mixing the batter, I thought that it didn't look right. But in the end the cupcakes turned out one of the best chocolate cupcakes i've ever tasted. The centre of the cake is gooey, creamy and chocolatety due to the mascarpone & mini chocolate chips. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves and adores chocolate..it's heavenly. :) Plus it is terribly easy to make..no fuss & so quick!

Recipe is taken from Jill O'Connor's Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey. I've tried 2 recipes from her book so far and they are both hits. I'm quite pleased that i bought this book. Initially when I saw the book i didn't quite like it because all the dessert & cake photos in the book looked just too sweet for me! But i changed my mind and bought it anyway just because i like the look of the book. The design and print was what captivated me..lol! And also i'm addicted to cookbooks..when i see one that i like, i just have to buy it! :S

7 comments:

Dhanya Ganesh on November 26, 2009 at 11:40 AM said...

Wow..those cupcakes looks moist and delicious.:).

Unknown on November 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM said...

These look soooo chocolatey. I never understand why they're called black bottoms when they have black tops too!

faithy on November 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM said...

@Dhanya: thanks!

@Sarah: LOL! :)

Pei-Lin on December 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM said...

Hello!!

Discovered yours thru HHB!! You are NOT amateur, goodness!! You're one professional baker!! Wish I could be as good as you're!!

Love your creations!! Will keep following yours!!

Cheers,
Pei-Lin

faithy on December 2, 2009 at 10:04 AM said...

Hi Pei-Lin, Thanks for your kind words! You're being too modest! I've checked out your blog and your posts, you're very good! :)

Coco Cake Land on December 3, 2009 at 5:31 AM said...

drool.

i'll have to look up that book, or google the recipe!! macarpone, yum...

lyndsay :)

Simonne on May 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM said...

Hi this chocolate cupcakes look divine, mind to share recipe?

simonneho@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template