Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Part 2 : The Birthday Cake

I've finally completed my daughter's birthday cake! Didn't turn out the way i designed it though.. It was hard work and plus i didn't decorate it very well, ie, my 'workmanship' was rather untidy imo. What is supposedly 3-tier ended up looking like one very tall tier..LOL! I didn't cut each level cake to the right size i guess. :P Everything is edible (except the candles & ribbons) and the fondant is homemade MMF. I made the MMF using the mixer last night - which is definitely much easier than hand-kneading and less-messier too! Surprisingly the red and the black turned out quite dark quite unlike the icing on my cookies. I didn't add that much coloring either. The cake doesn't look very 'Venetian' either..:(...actually i think it looks more like the some flag?!!? hahahahaha... Oh well, my first time doing a 3-tier cake..so lesson well learnt..






i like this pic..the cake on the table with photos of my 'baby' at different age..:)



the BIRTHDAY CAKE : 1st tier: Chocolate cake with peanut buttercream frosting. 2nd tier: Vanilla cake with lemon buttercream frosting. 3rd tier: Vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream frosting. All covered with homemade MMF.

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template