Sunday, May 3, 2009

Coffee Ice Cream




My daughter (aka my part-time photog) requested for coffee ice-cream - her favorite. So i prowled through my books for what i think is the best coffee ice-cream. Easy to make and great tasting. Since i had good results with David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop for my earlier chocolate ice-cream, i decided to use his coffee ice-cream recipe.

The recipe and steps of how to make is shown by Simply Recipes. However she uses decaf coffee beans. I never thought of the caffeine issues though....what was in my mind was using the best aromatic coffee beans. After looking around, I settled for Starbucks espresso coffee beans (i wanted to use Lavazza but i can't find in the supermarket i was at).

I have to say that the ice cream taste great! I'm not a coffee drinker but i have to say the coffee ice-cream is extremely fragrant, velvety smooth and yummy! I'm not exaggerating when i say this coffee ice-cream is really good! I really have to say that David Lebovitz's recipes are absolutely great! Seriously..i am thinking of getting more of his books except that some of them are out of print and thus expensive..right now in my mind, i am thinking of ordering his Book of Chocolate from amazon...perhaps i'll wait for his new book which is suppose to be out soon..and order it together. :)

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template