Sunday, January 18, 2009

French Pear Tart




I finally did it! I baked this French Pear Tart! LOL! It's simply delicious i must say. But i do find it a bit sweet for my liking though hence i didn't sprinkle any icing sugar. Maybe i use canned pear (can also use fresh pears) but i think a slice of this with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream is simply heavenly! Next time got to cut down maybe 30g of sugar from the recipe.

I got my recipe from Susan Filson and i am her blog fan. LOL! And Susan in turn got her recipe from Dorie Greenspan..so just visit both their blogs - link provided here. :) I didn't glaze my pears like they did - i did only a tiny bit of glaze cos i was too stingy with putting too much glaze.. hahahaha..

One note is i HATE doing the dough..cos the butter melts so fast in our hot weather!! ARgghhh...! I had to like keep putting the dough back in the fridge every few minutes of handling it otherwise it will melt on my hands! I wish i have air-con in my kitchen!!! (Angie, i remembered what you said..and now i have the same wish!). I think the crust didn't look all that pretty cos i was 'dough-out' - out of dough cos the recipe called for a 9" tart tin and i had only 11" tart tin! So no choice..i was too lazy to make more dough, so i spread out the dough as thinly as possible. Well, it works, but not so pretty sides imo!

0 comments:

 

diary of Faithy, the baker Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template