at:Thursday, March 12, 2009
Category : Cookies
I was searching for a double chocolate recipe that uses both white and dark chocolate and found one great one here submitted by Amy on allrecipes.com. I followed her recipe and i must say that the cookies does taste great! Also i added almonds in them and hence yield more than 36 cookies as mentioned in the recipe. I like crunchier cookies, so i baked them at 14mins instead of 8-10mins which yields chewy cookies. I have found another blog which has a similar recipe but equally interesting at Confections of a Foodie Bride, which is linked to Browned Eye Baker who said the cookies taste like immitation oreos, and in turn linked to Annie's Eats. This recipe of theirs contains no eggs..maybe i'll try this next to see how it taste.
INGREDIENTS · 1 cup unsalted butter
· 1 cup white sugar
· 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking soda
· 2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Combine the cocoa, flour, and baking soda, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffy but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Garden Theme Wedding Cake
*S&T Wedding Cake*
Sugar flowers all handmade.
Cake flavors :-
14"-English Fruitcake soaked with full bottle of Cognac;
5 months ago
About Me: Faithy
Hi, I'm Faithy. Faithy is my alter-ego. I was told back then when internet first started that it was dangerous to put your real name on the web...LOL.. (seriously not kidding!). So it was how this name Faithy came about and has stuck with me ever since. And as a matter of fact, I like it better than my real name..esp when I share the exact same name as my sister.. :D
Anyway, I started my blog initially on vox as a way to remind myself what i have baked and hopefully to see some progress along the way too..:)